MUELLER Co – FIRE PROTECTION
Private industry and public institutions rely upon special fire protection systems as required by their insurance underwriters. Mueller Co. provides these end users with a full line of fire protection products compliant to Underwriters Laboratories and Factory Mutual requirements (often called UL/FM) including: fire hydrants, indicator posts, check valves, and OS&Y gate valves.
As a critical piece of any emergency response system used to preserve lives and property, all Mueller® fire hydrants are designed, built and tested to assure high performance, long life and dependability. Numerous dry and wet barrel designs are available that meet stringent UL/FM requirements, some with maximum working pressures of 350 psi.
- ANTI-FRICTION WASHER – helps assure easy operation for life of the hydrant.
- Hold-down nut
- Oil Filler Plug
- Sealed Oil Reservoir
- Stainless Steel Safety Coupling
- Safety Flange
- Bronze Upper Valve Plate
- Drain Valve Facings
- O-ring Seals At Bonnet, Ground And Shoe Flanges
- Full flow openings
- Field Replaceable nozzles
- All-bronze hydrant heads and spools cast as separate parts.
- O-ring gasket provides a positive seal at joint of spool and hydrant head.
- Each nozzle operates independently.
- Limited number of internal parts.
- Quick activation of stem movement.
- Heavy-duty disc holder rotates independently on stem to avoid valve wear, ease operation.
- Low-zinc silicon bronze stem.
- Two O-ring seals on stem insert.
- Hydrants available with field-replaceable nozzles.
- Removable outlet threads for easy access to disc holder and stem.
- Bronze and Iron hydrants have interchangeable parts.
- Clean aesthetic lines.
- UL & FM
- AWWA C503
- Two 2-1/2” Hose Nozzles
- Two Hose Gate Valves
- Two 2-1/2” Nozzles and One Pumper Nozzle
- Two Hose Gate Valves and One Pumper Nozzle
Size of main valve opening
Type of inlet connections
- Mechanical joint
- Fire Hydrant
UL/FM Gate Valves
- MUELLER® PRO-GARD™ fusion epoxy coating
- Meets or exceeds all applicable requirements of UL 262 and complies with NSF-61
- Rubber encapsulated Iron wedg
- EPOXY coating meets or exceeds ANSI / AWWA C550 and complied and complies NSF-61 handwheel – open left or open right.
- Available in Ductile Iron and Cast Iron body
- Outside screw and yoke (O.S.&Y.)
- Rising Stem
- Non Rising Stem
- 2-1/2″, 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12”, 14” AND 16″ SIZES
- 250 PSIG (1723 KPA) maximum working pressure- 500 PSIG (3447 KPA) static test
- Flanged end or Mechanical Joint
- Fire water valve
- Post indicator valve
- Water distribution
UL/FM Check Valves
- Cover Bolts and Nuts are electro galvanized steel to resist corrosion.
- Cast Iron Body is accurately cast and machined to provide long and trouble free service.
- All internal parts can be removed for inspection or repair without removing valve from line.
- Cast Iron Cover has a lifting lug.
- Operating parts made of bronze and stainless steel to reduce corrosion.
- Flange Ends
- Available in Bronze disc ring and Rubber disc facing
- Bronze seat ring
- 2-1/2″ – 12″ 200 psi Working Pressure – 400 psi Test Pressure
- Listed by Underwriter Laboratories, Inc. and approved by Factory Mutual Research Corporation.
- ANSI B16.1 CL125 Flanges
- Fire water
- Water distribution
UL/FM Indicator Posts
MUELLER® Indicator Post are used in fire protection systems and perform several functions. The Indicator Post provides a means to operate a buried or otherwise inaccessible valve. Also, the Indicator Post readily and clearly indicates whether the valve is open or shut. All Mueller Indicator Posts are UL/ULC listed and 4-14″ Indicator Posts are FM Approved. Mueller Indicator Posts are designed to withstand up to 900 ft. – lbs. of operating torque.
- Adjustable Type Indicator Post
- Non-Adjustable Indicator Post
- UL Listed
- ULC Listed
- FM Approved
- 4″-14″ VALVES
- 16″-24″ VALVES
- Valve indicator for buried and in-accessible valve
Designed specifically for the waterworks industry, Lineseal butterfly valves offer the ruggedness and reliability required for buried service and performance. Lower head loss means getting the most from your pumping station dollar. Lower torques mean less costly actuation packages, and the maintenance-free design helps keep your budget under control.
- Chevron V-type Packing
- Corrosion Resistant Shaft
- Heavy Duty Body
- Self-Lubricating Bearings
- Streamlined Disc
- Elastomeric Body Seat
- Tamper-Proof Disc centering
- Meets or exceeds all applicable requirements of ANSI/AWWA C504 Standard Class 150B; NSF 61 certified
- Buried service valves: I.D. and O.D. coated
- Body – Cast Iron ASTM A-126
- Flanges drilled per ANSI B16.1 Class 125
- Above ground valves (ordered with either a handwheel, position indicator on the actuator, or lever):
minimum 4 mills epoxy coated interior and exterior; meets AWWA C504 standard.
- Seat-in-body design reduces seat failure due to corrosive buildup in the valve and pipeline
- Through-disc pinning provides a tight disc-to-shaft pin connection, greatly reducing the
possibility of loosening through vibration
- Disc edge is 316 Stainless Steel
- Disc – Cast Iron ASTM A-126 (3″, 4″, 6″ Stainless Steel ASTM A-743 CF8M)
- Symmetrical disc for higher Cv and lower head loss
- Nonmetallic bearings prevent galvanic corrosion and provides lower coefficient of friction
- Cheveron “V” type packing is self-adjusting to last the life of the valve
- 3″-24″ Standard 304 SS hardware.
- Fire Water
- Water distribution